Employment & Volunteering
We have volunteer, internship and occasionally employment opportunities at the Community Foundation.
As a result of their participation on a 2016 Review Team:
• 83% of the Review Team members reported that they have a better understanding of needs in our community
• 92% reported that the Review Team provided an opportunity for them to effectively make decisions to address issues that affect our community
• 92% reported that they have a better understanding of the work of the Community Foundation as a result of their participation
• 92% feel supportive of the work of the Community Foundation and are likely to tell others about it
Follow the specific directions below for who to contact for next steps. Thank you for your interest in your Community Foundation!
The Community Foundation is not currently seeking applicants for any positions at this time. Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“I’ve been a member of the Library Grant Cycle Review Team for multiple years. I continue to be energized by the Community Foundation’s approach to community-based decision making. My experience of working with a team of volunteers who expressed a deep concern for the Tompkins County community and the challenges that local libraries face in serving youth was refreshing. While we had differences of opinion, they were expressed in a respectful manner and everyone was heard. It’s great to be a part of a process that continues to result in wonderful things for the community. The Community Foundation succeeds in creating an inclusive, respectful environment that ultimately results in better decisions and better results for the people served by its grantmaking. It’s a great representation of our community and one of the many reasons I love Tompkins County.” Review Team Member, March 2016
The Community Foundation achieves its mission and serves Tompkins County thanks to the generous contribution of volunteers’ time and expertise. Volunteers work within the context of the Community Foundation’s Certificate of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Policies and Procedures. Of particular importance are the Council of Foundations’ National Standards and the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality policies. Please refer to these documents on the Policies page.
The Community Foundation seeks individuals to be considered as candidates for the Board of Directors. Please refer to the Community Foundation Board Member Service Agreement and the Questionnaire Potential Board Members 2017-2019. Contact Chief Executive Officer, George Ferrari, at email@example.com, to schedule a meeting to explore board services and other volunteer opportunities. Or review the 2016 Committees and Responsibilities information and complete the Volunteer Information Form returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org to pursue any volunteer opportunity. Thank you.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Event, Finance or Development Committees
- Advisory committees for Field of Interest funds
- Arts & Culture Fund
- Children & Youth Fund
- Crime Victims Fund
- Social Justice Fund
- Women’s Fund
- Office and reception support or tasks
- Social media ambassadors
- Grant Cycle Review Team members
The Community Foundation seeks individuals for internship placements. Please contact Chief Executive Officer, George Ferrari, at email@example.com, to schedule a meeting to explore internship requirements.
- Board Member Service Agreement Expectations, criteria for selection, and terms of service
- Potential Board Member Candidate Questionnaire Help us learn more about your interest in potentially serving as a Board Member
- 2016 Committees Membership AUG 2016 update Celebrating board members and community volunteers service on our committees