2015 Women’s Fund Grant Cycle
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this cycle has passed. All grantees were announced at the Women's Fund luncheon on March 10, 2015.
The Women’s Fund promotes educational, economic, and social equality by enabling women to achieve economic self-sufficiency, and by helping to provide the necessary resources for women’s health and basic needs.
- To support organizations and projects that promote educational, economic, social and political equality for women
- To enable women to achieve economic self-sufficiency
- To insure that women have necessary healthcare resources
Historically preference has been given to applications seeking to serve adult women. Applicants seeking to serve young women will be also be considered in this cycle.
The grant range is $500-$2,500.
Eligible applicants must be located in Tompkins County and provide services for a charitable purpose to women in Tompkins County. Applicants must be a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization or a unit of local government (e.g. schools, municipality).
2015 Women’s Fund Grantees
2015 Library Grant Cycle from the Rosen Fund and from additional Community Foundation Funds
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this cycle has passed. All grantees were announced at a meeting of the Finger Lakes Library System on March 19, 2015. Reports for 2014 grants are due by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 26, 2015 for final reports.
The Bernard Carl and Shirley Rosen Library Fund seeks to promote genuine intellectual curiosity and a lifelong love of reading and learning by encouraging youth to develop habits of regular library use. Eligible applicants are the 33 public libraries in Cayuga, Cortland, Seneca, Tioga and Tompkins counties, the 5 counties of the Finger Lakes Library System.
The Rosen Grants History provides examples of the libraries and programs that have been supported in the past. 2014 grantees are required to submit the 2014 Rosen Fund Library Grant Report Form by email to email@example.com no later than August 26, 2015 for final reports. Please contact Program Officer Janet Cotraccia, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or concerns about the final report. Failure to complete the final report by the deadline will affect considerations for future grants.
2015 Spring Grant Cycle from Howland Foundation and Community Foundation Funds
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this cycle has passed. All applications are currently under review. All grantees will be announced at a public awards ceremony on June 8, 2015.
The Spring Grant Cycle makes grants from the Howland Foundation and the Community Foundation’s donor advised and field of interest funds to support grants in the areas of aging, youth, animal welfare, and environmental preservation in Tompkins County as well as animal welfare and environmental preservation only in Broome County.
Submit applications by email only to email@example.com
Lists of previous Spring Grant Cycle grantees are provided below as examples of the range of organizations and types of programs supported in the past. These grantees in no way predict or favor future grants.
2015 Spring Grant Cycle Grants Award Ceremony
Previous Spring Grant Cycle Grantees
2015 General Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Application Deadline: Twice each year by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on May 15 or October 15.
Submit Letter of Inquiry to: email@example.com. First consider whether your request fits into any of the priorities of one of our four grant cycles; 1) Women’s Fund Grant Cycle, 2) Library Grant Cycle, 3) Spring Grant Cycle (aging, youth, animal welfare or the environment) and 4) Fall Grant Cycle (priorities posted annually). Applications which have been submitted for any of our four regular grant cycles are NOT eligible to be reconsidered for the General Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process. If your request does not match with any grant cycle priority, consider applying through the General Letter of Inquiry process on either May 15 or October 15. The majority of grants from the LOI process have historically been in the range of $1,000-$5,000 and only in very rare cases have grants of up to $10,000 been made. Limit your LOI to one concept or one project. You may submit additional LOIs for additional concepts up to four LOIs from any one organization for each deadline. In general, Community Foundation staff will NOT be able to meet with a prospective applicant before a letter is submitted. Letters are accepted twice every year and must be received by email by 5pm on May 15th or October 15th.
Application Requirements & Process
- A first step for seeking support from outside our four annual grant cycles (Women’s Fund, Library, Spring and Fall) is to submit a general letter of inquiry. This letter should be emailed by 12pm on May 15 or October 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Process
Please include a two sentence summary of your request.
Please include the date by which you require funding.
Every letter of inquiry should be limited to a 3 page maximum and include the intended results or outcomes of the project, the demonstrated need for the project, the grant amount sought and a clear plan for evaluating the results of the project.
- This will be reviewed by our Program Officer and our Community Impact Committee.
- Next steps may include a request for more information, a notice of funding awarded, an indication that donor advisors are considering the grant request, a referral to one of the four specific Community Foundation’s annual grant cycles, or a message that the Community Foundation is not currently able to fund the grant request.
- Community Foundation may also refer the applicant to other funders or may provide constructive feedback on other ways to achieve the grant seeker’s goals.
- Each letter of inquiry will receive a formal response.
- Before a final decision foundation staff may occasionally provide feedback on ideas for funding and may seek an appointment to have a conversation about the project, but only after a letter of inquiry has been received.
2015 Fall Grant Cycle
Application Deadline: Priorities for the 2015 Fall Grant Cycle will be announced in June 2015
2015 Community Foundation Grant Cycles Calendar and General Tips for All Applications
Application Deadline: Various throughout 2015, please check each cycle or LOI process for specific deadlines. All submissions must be made by email to email@example.com.
All submissions must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org